Skip to content

Sign Up for a Library Card


Download the membership form here:   HML MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION

  1. Print, complete and sign it.
  2. Scan the completed form into your computer and return it by email to
  3. Once we have your membership entered into the computer, you will receive an email containing all of the information required to download e-books and e-audiobooks.
  4. Non-Resident?  No problem.  Simply follow the steps above and send $60 payment via etransfer to, mail a cheque for $60 to 49 Alboro Street, Headingley MB  R4J 1A3, or stop by the library and pay by cash or debit.  You will be given a 14-day membership on the spot and we will update the expiry date to one year upon receipt of payment.
  5. Non-Resident status is determined by where you pay your property taxes, as municipal funding supports the library.  If you do not pay property taxes to the RM of Headingley then you are considered a non-resident, regardless of where you live according to Macdonald/Headingley Recreation Association’s boundaries. Most municipalities will reimburse all or a portion of your membership fee upon presentation of receipt at your municipal office. 


Permanent residents may join the library free of charge with proof of residency.

Library card holders’ rights and responsibilities

You are responsible for all the materials borrowed on your card and for any charges on items that are overdue, lost or damaged. (See Loan Periods and Fines for details). Your library card provides access to licensed databases from outside the library. You may also look at our catalogue from home over the Internet, and access your account to place holds, keep lists and renew items.

Change of address or password

It is important for us to have your current information. If you change your address or other personal information, contact the library and we’ll update your record.

Non-Resident Memberships

Non-residents may join the library for a yearly fee of $60 per family.  Most municipalities reimburse a portion of this cost.  Check with your RM’s office for more information.