Sign Up for a Library Card
ONLINE MEMBERSHIPS DURING COVID-19
If you and your family are sitting at home wishing you had a library membership, we’ve got you covered!
Download the membership form here: HML MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
- Print, complete and sign it.
- Scan the completed form into your computer and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be processing memberships Monday to Friday between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm
- Once we have your membership entered into the computer, you will receive an email containing all of the information required to download e-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines.
- Non-Resident? No problem. Simply follow the steps above and mail a cheque for $50 to 49 Alboro Street, Headingley MB R4J 1A3. You will be given a 14-day membership on the spot and we will update the expiry date to one year upon receipt of payment.
Permanent residents may join the library free of charge with proof of residency.
Library card holders’ rights and responsibilities
You are responsible for all the materials borrowed on your card and for any charges on items that are overdue, lost or damaged. (See Loan Periods and Fines for details). Your library card provides access to licensed databases from outside the library. You may also look at our catalogue from home over the Internet, and access your account to place holds, keep lists and renew items.
Change of address or password
It is important for us to have your current information. If you change your address or other personal information, contact the library and we’ll update your record.
Non-residents may join the library for a yearly fee of $50 per family. Most municipalities reimburse a portion of this cost. Check with your RM’s office for more information.