Headingley Library is very pleased to offer patrons access to 126+ e-magazine titles! Most RBDigital eMagazine titles are unlimited simultaneous use, which means no waiting! Access to this service is available through a PC/Mac browser or mobile device.
In addition to e-magazines patrons also have access to RBdigital, a collection of more than 4,000 downloadable audiobooks from Recorded Books, including 100 Canadian titles from Maple Leaf Audio. These audiobooks are all simultaneous use, with no holds or waitlists. Download titles to your home computer, or to a mobile device using the RBdigital app.
The first time you create an account in RBDigital eMagazines, you will be asked for you library barcode number. This number can be found on your Headingley Library card. If you have misplaced your card, please contact the library at mailto:email@example.com or 204-888-5410 and we will provide you with this information.
IMPORTANT: Your library barcode number MUST be preceded by “mhh” (so if your library number is 1350, you would enter: mhh1350). Once you have created an account with a username and password, you will no longer need your library card number each time you log in.
Please see a library staff member for more information on how to access this service, or click here for the RBDigital eMagazines User Brochure
For Audio Books:
When creating an account in RBdigital, please use the same username and password you use for your RBdigital eMagazine (Zinio) account. The two services, RBdigital and RBDigital, will be merging soon, requiring only one login account.
Initial Setup – for new users
1. Before visiting the RBdigital website, a valid library membership is required.
2. Visit the RBdigital website.
3. Click Register. Fill in the account setup form (remember to put mhh in front of your library number) and click on Register when finished.
Using RBdigital on a Computer:
1. After registering, click the ? button in the top right corner.
2. Choose the appropriate audiobook app for your computer (Windows or Mac). Follow the instructions, accept terms, and install.
3. Within the app, click on Browse for a title online button. This will take you to the RBdigital website.
4. Choose a featured title or enter search terms in the Search box.
5. From the info screen of the title, click on the dropdown menu to choose your checkout period (from 1 to 21 days). Click on the Check Out button.
6. When asked to open or save the file, click on Open.
7. The RBdigital app will re-open. Click on the Refresh button and your new checkout will appear.
8. To listen on your computer, press the Play button. To download and transfer to a device, ensure your device is plugged into your computer, and then click the Download and Transfer button.
Using RBdigital on your Tablet or Smartphone:
1. Follow the Initial Setup instructions above.
2. Download the RBdigital app from the app store on your device.
3. Open the app. Choose Canada as your country.
4. Input the library card number, username, or email associated with your RBdigital account.
5. Input your RBdigital password. (Note: This should be the same password you created for your RBdigital account during the Initial Setup process.) Tap the Arrow button,
6. To find an eAudiobook to borrow, tap Search at the bottom of the screen.
7. Tap the cover of the title you want to borrow. Select your checkout period. Tap Check Out.
8. Tap My Titles at the top of the screen. Your eAudiobook should appear. Tap the Arrow button to download. Now tap the Play button to begin listening.