Recommended Websites for Kids
- Poisson Rouge – Games for children
- Orisinal – game website for young children
- Learn to type “Dance mat typing” – a touch typing program for children.
- PBS Kids – full of stories, music, games and more. Visit Caillou, Arthur, Berenstain Bears, Clifford, Sesame Street and more…
- Bob the Builder – Help Bob with different repairs and games around the house.
- Harry Potter – Find out more about Harry Potter’s books and take the quiz!
- RobertMunsch.com – Here, you can view online books, a list of Robert Munsch books, Robert Munsch’s biography and much more…
- Theodore Tugboat – Many learning activities are available on this site.
- Magic School Bus – Come here to find many show related items and take part in many of their activities.
- I Spy – Here at I Spy, kids can play online games, make their own game, and find out new and upcoming books.
- Walt Disney – Offers many things for kids, such as games, activities, stories, and lots of information on their characters and movies.
- Scholastic.com – For Kids – Provides links to most of its kids books, where you can learn about them.
- Kids @ Random House – A great place for kids to visit Seussville, Seussville University, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Big Bird and the rest of the gang at Sesame Street.
- KidsHealth – An excellent health resource for parents, kids and teens.
- Families Change – A government of British Columbia website that helps you deal with divorce and separation.
- Consumer Safety – a resource for “Health, Safety, and Recalls” on that page? ConsumerSafety.org presents health & safety information for children, families, patients, and seniors, as well as consumer related news stories.
More great lists of librarian-recommended websites:
- North Vancouver District Public Library’s Children’s Links – groups links by subjects such as Animals, Book Awards, En Français, and more.
- West Vancouver Memorial Library’s Homework Help – separates topics by grade.
- Great Websites for Kids – a collection of amazing, spectacular, colourful and mysterious sites for kids, parents, teachers and other caregivers (from the American Library Association).
Check out our Kids Homework Help page.